Tuesday, August 26, 2008

BURGUNDY Cannabis.

Like a speeding bullet. Not quite an epiphany and not quite coincidental; the best description would be "now". This exact moment in time when the lines on my face match the stripes on my shirt. When the vibrant colors of life clone the fetus of tomorrows youth. 

A long intro indeed to discuss the new Cold War Kids single, "Something Is Not Right With Me." Maybe this track needs to be remixed as it resembles too much of Kings Of Leon. When did all of a sudden quote unquote ranting become a form of melodic composition? In no way am I trashing this band. I just never understood the hype. But then again they're on Downtown Records which I highly respect so...

Nylon Magazine has devoted this month to television and with that, I am undoubtably on the edge of my seat waiting for the new season of Entourage. Scandals, sex, money and fame; what other reason is there to live in Los Angeles? I mean, seriously. This city is so lonesome and even though every time you splash water in your face and tell yourself that happiness is bliss, deep down inside, past the lies and insecurities, it will vail that this city is in fact everything I just said it to be.  

I feel like I am writing a treatment for the next American Psycho. It's just that everyone in this town tries to be something they're not. Tries to hide behind that curtain which in fact hides nothing at all. I just wish at times people would just be "people".

When Urth Cafe serves you a dark drip instead of a non fat spanish latte or when Enterprise is sold out of twin turbos due to all the weekend tools who vicariously live off of credit card debt;

Listen to: "Little Bit" by Lykke Li

No comments: