Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Intimate Nights Have Never Felt So Void

It was an interesting afternoon. I sat peacefully on the sofa in the lobby observing legal dialect. Suddenly, I was posed with the question, "What's your favorite new band?" My face turned numb as if I didn't have an answer. It was contemplating whether or not to go uber-chic and blast titles so obscure like, The Juan MacLean or stay mainstream; Bloc Party. I guess, I replied with my new favorite record and dodged that bullet. 

Have you heard the new Bloc Party? If not, that's because it is only available digitally off their website. I must say, the album is good. Favorite track is a tossup between "Biko", "Signs" and "Better Then Heaven" but overall... back to their roots where it all began. 

And furthermore, The Killers are releasing a record in November? Hmm..... Hopefully it sounds like Hot Fuss and not Bruce Springsteen (I mean Sams Town). 

 

Listen to this on a Geneva Sound dock:  

It's really an experience. Think THX sound for music!

I've just realized that I never write about live shows. So for a moment I will reflect on bands that I believe put on an excellent live show and are touring at the moment. Not to be pompous but this is based on venue, sound and the authenticity of the artist. For those of you in LA; not being a fan of outdoor venues, we unfortunately have to pass by default on the Beck/ MGMT / Spoon show next month at the Bowl however if you go, I suggest valet parking and box seats. Otherwise, stack-park, smoke a bowl at the Bowl pun intended and grab lawn seats 4 football fields away from the stage. Matter of fact bring your iPod and just enjoy the visuals. 

Experience This: 
MSTRKRFT / Calvin Harris 
Kings of Leon 
Lykke Li 
M83
and Beck w/ MGMT and Spoon 

1 comment:

BurntDownMikeyHoskin said...

I agree, watching a show when you're sitting in "No Mans Land" sucks. If your going to be sitting so far away, you might as well watch the show when it comes out on dvd in the comfort of your home, not having to pay for overpriced beer.