Friday, January 2, 2009

Kite

I was dressed in all black. Some shirt from Ron Herman and Marc Jacobs corduroy pants. The morning was unlike any other. I got up, had a cup of coffee in my initial "J" mug and walked around for thirty minutes or so in my grey robe from Restoration Hardware. And as soon a 11:59 became 12AM, I decided that I may never make new years plans again. I get it, I understand that this day is the end of one year and the beginning of a new chapter; 365 days to start over. But nonetheless, it has been over and over again this exploration of having to commit to doing something "great" or "posh." So how did I spend my new years eve, well let's just use these tag words: sick, Mama Mia, kids, and chicken tenders. 

So cheers to a 2009. I must say this year will be filled with many great things and while every year brings life lessons, I have learned many in 2008. 

I am listening to No Excuses by "Air France" and feel this song very much coincides with the post. Let's stick out our resolutions to making new friends, to going out and enjoying the life of a young twenty year old in a overly LARGE city! 

No comments: